Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fondue and more

It wasn't planned, just had fondue at Kovan CC. I didn't even know Kovan have a CC! First time having fondue, so can't compare with anywhere else, but heard from my friend that it really wasn't that good. What a waste of $9.90. At least now I know how fondue is like, so thanks to him for bringing me there. I had an enjoyable time too. It has always been fun talking to him.

Though that's about the end of my weekly allowance, with $2 tomorrow to spare. See lah friend, make me spend! =P Just kidding! No worries, I still have money. I'd better head down to arts canteen early tomorrow for lunch. Hate the lunch hour crowd.

Busy busy busy.

It's amazing how insignificant we are in this world and universe. When you think that you are the greatest, the best, there are always people way above you. So your head is all big and you feel really good about yourself, then you see them and realize that perhaps you aren't so good after all, that if the ladder has 100 rungs, you are merely at the first or second one. Then it's time to be humble, remind yourself who you are and where you really stand, and maybe work your way up there. But seriously, it's quite good being down here as well, especially if you know that you can't handle whatever it is up there. There are friends here, and warmth and predictability. You don't get your ass kicked when you make a mistake, or your reputation ruined. Most of the time you can only improve and not do worse, so it's only up and not down.

Really time to sit down and do some serious studying. My CAP score is going up this semester, not down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home