Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Petition against Mr. Lee Hak Boon

There is a petition done by a Catholic High School secondary 3 student against his current principal, Mr. Lee Hak Boon. Mr. Lee was my secondary school (not CHS) principal as well and it kinds of shock me that there are students that against him.

To me, Mr. Lee is a very good principal. I thought that perhaps the reason why he's not popular there is that the methods he used are really better in neighbourhood schools or schools which don't have good records, if you know what I mean, to get them to pull their socks up. My school improved tremendously under him. Then again, there can be other reasons, I don't know. Maybe his method of doing things just cannot be accepted at CHS. Things like that do happen.

If there is such great disagreement between the students and Mr. Lee, I hope this petition will let him see the students' viewpoints. I hope that things will turn out fine between them. I hope that Mr. Lee will be alright. I am defensive of him because we learnt a lot from him and I believe I have the right to be defensive of him.

On the other hand, I'm very impressed by the way the student wrote that petition. They are really very independent and dare to speak out, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home