Saturday, September 16, 2006

Last night

Met Daniel and YY last night for dinner at Marina Square's some Hongkong Cafe. Nice food. Chatted. As D is working for mint in City Hall for the duration IMF and World Bank are here, he told us a lot of things, too many to list down. Some are downright hilarious, like how people from different countries respond to heat, their body sizes, the Singapore ushers pronouncing hotel names wrongly (I thought that was embarrassing), the shuttle bus taking one big round to Shears Bridge instead of the direct route to the destination (I forgot the place) somewhere around Suntec (of course) apparently to introduce the delegates around Singapore. We were saying that imagine that tour guide in the bus introduce the places out of the windows and then... "this is Jurong." Exaggeration, I know, but amusing. He also said that some of the delegates are surprised by the thunders yesterday. Shocked, more like it, because I thinksome of them don't really encounter such thunderstorms in their own countries often. YY was saying that this girl from another country in her psychology class seating behind her went "It's raining!" I think we're really used to such weather. I was actually surprised that they are surprised at thunderstorms. Maybe it's just me, too naive. We chatted for around 2 hours plus.

Then we walked around, D handed me the coins, I gave him the money, and off we headed home.

Take a look at the coin here. The $5 one at the top, pure silver. Not mine, is my aunt and her friend's.

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 11:20 AM, Blogger Sibeh Sian said...

That's why I always carry an umbrella in my bag :)

 
At September 18, 2006 1:41 PM, Blogger tstar said...

me too! no rain also bring. the rain seems to know when we don't bring umbrella one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home