Saturday, September 23, 2006

Games

When our parents were young, they played masak-masak. When we were young, we played catching at void decks. Now kids play games on computer or the internet. Hell, my 7 year old sister can navigate her way around the internet, type in URLs, play games on the internet etc. She plays games like, well... You know those games using joysticks? Like supermario or something? Where the characters jump around trying to get points? I don't know what to call those but yes she actually plays those, only that it's online. She's 7+ going on 8 and she plays those games. I don't know whether to be awed or jealous. Here's a sample. That is Sonic on Crazymonkeygames.com. Crazymonkeygames is recommended by her teacher, by the way.

(I like Busy burger from crazymonkeygames =P)

Then there are games which are totally not suitable for her age. Check out this site called puffgames.com. There are games like southpark, boneless and skull kid. What troubles me is that she was sawing through people in skull kid and not being bothered by the cartoon characters hyperventilating and collapsing on the ground complete with blood forming a pool around it. Sure it's only cartoon but it's not right for them to do this, especially when they are kids. Plus the games are mindless, though morbidly entertaining in their own way. Especially because it is morbid, it is NOT suitable for kids. I am adamant about that. If there are parents around or somebody old enough to tell them that these kinds of things in the games are wrong then at least they would learn, but she was playing on her own until I came in and saw what she was doing. Plus these games do not teach them that it's wrong. They drive their motor cars over people, cut through items and humans and you actually hear applause at the end of it. If it's me I'd enjoy playing them because they are mindless and because I know what I'm doing, but not a 7 year old kid like her!

Ok, I sound like the website especially created the site for kids her age. Sorry about it, I was just worked up over the fact that my sister was playing something like this and not showing a sign of disturbance or fear on her face. I don't really have anything against that site, in fact I find the games morbidly fascinating. It's just that I don't understand why her friend actually recommended this site to her, not to mention that her friend is her age. It's freaky and extremely disturbing.

I think the site ought to put a sign that warns of disturbing/violent/containing blood/dismembering scenes, just so that people know, you know?

I am so going to station myself behind her when she uses the computer.

Anyway, because I know people reading my blog are old enough, you all should check out "boneless". It's kind of gross but fascinating to pull the girl through the nooks and crannies, seeing her get squashed, limbs in every other direction. She's not really boneless, if you noticed - she has joints. She's just really really flexible. There's even a male version called Bushless which is... Just go check it out. =D

On an unrelated note, beat me at Monkey Kick Off. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home