Friday, September 22, 2006

Being alone

When I was in secondary school or JC, one of my teachers once said that university, or entering one, is like a bottleneck. Difficult to get in but easy once inside.

---------------------------------
Almost every other day in school I eat lunch alone, head for lessons alone, study in the library alone, stay back in school late alone. I've kind of become used to this feeling of doing everything by myself. It's become so familiar and comfortable that today when an acquaintance walked past the table where I was studying at, sat down and started to talk, I found myself quite tongue-tied and irritated, like how I've been recently. Where in the past I could joke with strangers, talk like nobody's business, now I don't seem to be able to do that anymore. There's a kind of wonder in being by myself and I have to say that I like it. Yet sometimes there is a vacuum inside me. I would pause and wonder if it had always been there or have I gotten used to that feeling so that it has become natural.

Ok, have to head down to LT13 now to listen to some girl perform. Again courtesy of Exxonmobil.

3 Comments:

At September 23, 2006 10:48 PM, Blogger tstar said...

I'm still in arts.

 
At September 24, 2006 10:04 PM, Blogger JH said...

Our teachers are all liars. =(

 
At September 24, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger tstar said...

Actually I found it quite accurate. In arts anyway... You all jia you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home