Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Weird advertisement

The bus I was on this afternoon drove past this SMRT bus which had an ad on its back. The thing is I'm not too sure what it's advertising for.

There's Hotel 81 in the background, a man and woman looking at each other in the foreground and, if I didn't remember wrongly, they were holding durians! I mean what the heck are they holding durians for?!

Let's see, at first I thought they were advertising for Hotel 81 because that was the first thing I saw, despite the fact that its image was blurred. Then there were the expressions on man's and woman's faces - looking... slyly or coyly, whichever you prefer, at each other. Given the image that Hotel81 has, the first thing that popped into my mind is that they are going to *ahem* there you know. But then Hotel81 is trying to change its image, so they can't be advertising in this way. Perhaps it is an advertising glitch, you may say, the models are lousy in facial expressions, but there's the unexplained opened durians in their hands. Why in the world would they have durians?! Maybe a cock decided to reside in my eyes. Anyway, perhaps they're advertising for du.. I mean, Esplanade?

The whole advertisement is summed up in this way in my mind:
The couple is going to bring durians into Hotel81 to eat because Hotel81 is changing its image and those durians (maybe D24) are very nice to eat and maybe if the couple decides to do something else besides eating durians, it'd be a convenient place to do it and if they get tired of doing whatever they were doing, they can go back to eating durians or sucking on the seeds instead of *ahem* sucking on something else.

*gasps for breath* Long sentence.

Doesn't make sense.

OH! I know! They are trying to tell us that Hotel81 allows us to bring durians in, IS IT IS IT!!! =D

4 Comments:

At August 23, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

lol...my interpretation is so diff lo..i tot the new hotel81 is built near the place were durians are sold..ideal place to "stay in" and enjoy durians..muahaha...

 
At August 23, 2006 10:04 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha... wat kind of funny interpretation is that! so i didn't see wrongly right? that advertisement existed?

 
At August 24, 2006 11:41 AM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

ya...that weird advertisement existed lo...was even shown on tv..muahaha..

 
At August 24, 2006 3:50 PM, Blogger tstar said...

on TV?! How come I never saw it! Goodness, well, whatever it was advertising for, it sure is memorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home