Friday, August 18, 2006

Today

I'm glad for today and for Jenny's note of me. I'm sorry for the pressure generated from my extreme expectations. Seriously, if we never had this talk, I wouldn't know what went wrong. However even though I know what's wrong, it is still difficult to change. Like what Jenny said, I've become too dependent, which isn't the case in the past. I realize what Pearlin once said is very true for me - when I am alone/single, I am independent. But when there is somebody there for me to lean on, I become very dependent on that person. Is that scary? It's time to find back that independency. In any case I know what to do and I'll do my best in it. And if we never talked today, I would have remained arrogant, to say the least. I don't wish to elaborate on this, though. And ignorant. The latter is pretty self-explanatory.

By the way, not having people to lunch with doesn't mean my circle of friends is small. =P We just have timetable clashes. And I'm very picky about who I lunch with. Ironically, when we pick our modules, I am independent because I don't exactly choose what modules to take with my friends. Turning back to the matter of lunch, I don't see why is it necessary to have to lunch together with somebody. Doesn't eating alone have its benefits as well? No disturbance and can think properly without interruption. Yes, having friends to lunch with is nice when you are in the mood for some chatter and there is usually laughter going around or when you just need to focus your attention elsewhere for a while. However, there is also the need to entertain as well, especially if the people are not close friends. That's why I'm picky about who I lunch with. Bad, isn't it? Alright alright, I'll work on my circle of friends. I guess it's inevitable that I have to make some new friends in NUS. Bleh.

*grumbles* Can't a girl even fantasize about some person or other in peace over lunch?
Hehz, just kidding. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home