Sunday, August 06, 2006

Stories

As my mum was doing facial for me this afternoon, my sister was in the same room, telling us some story. Red indicates what Olivia said, blue is what the characters say, black is my narration, green is my mom or I. It went something like this:
Let me tell you all a story ok! Ok.

Once upon a time there were 7 sisters. *Has 7 barbie dolls on my brother's study desk* "Let's go for a picnic!" says one.
"OK!" replies the others.
"Let's wear our shoes!"
"But first, I have my ballet lesson to go to!" Says one of them.
"OK! Let's bring her to her ballet lesson first. After that, we shall have our picnic!"
"But first, we must wear our shoes!" (I started to laugh, with my mother still squeezing my blackheads because she kept on saying "shoes")
"OK!" *she proceeds to fits the 7 barbies with their shoes. However, because it takes some time to put on the shoes for 7 barbie dolls and she has to keep telling the story, she starts mummuring to herself about the shoes*
I will wear my office shoes.
Aiya, this shoe cannot, don't fit leh.
Ah, this one can!
.
.
.
Apparently after she has fitted all 7 with the shoes, the barbies have forgotten that one of them has to go to ballet lesson (my sister has forgotten about it) and they go out for a picnic. According to her, the picnic is at night and they are in a cave.

A young man walk by and sees them. (I assume she has the male barbie doll in her hand now. I couldn't see, I was lying down.)
"Maybe I should go and talk to them," he thought.
So he did!
(At this point she starts telling us that he ask their names ok? Because I haven't talked about that.)
He walks into the cave.
"Hello, what is your name..."
Skip this one, skip, skip, skip, skip to the easiest one, the princess! (Because she hasn't thought of names for the rest, I suppose. My mom and I started laughing really hard for this which made my pimple really hard to squeeze.) What?! Why are you laughing?
Mom says, "No, I never laugh. Is she," referring to me, "laughing." I giggled away. My sister continues...
"Hello, what is your name?"
"My name is Flora."
"Oh, I see, Flora."
"Hello, what is your name? Ow! "Kok" my head..." (I think she accidentally knocked the male doll's head somewhere. I started giggling again.)
What?! Why are you laughing? I say "kok", you also laugh! (She was starting to giggle herself. After a while she continued her story.)
"Will you all come out of the cave?" He asked.
"Ok!" The barbies say.
(There is a knocking sound.) "Ow! "Kok" my head again..." (I started to laugh really badly.)
What?! Laugh for what!
"How many of you are there? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8."
"Eh... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Eh! Really leh, 8!"
(Haha, another sister just popped out!)

After that my mom asked her to go shower so barbies and male doll were left alone on the desk, in the imaginary dark, late at night... *winks*

----------------------------
My sister didn't really know the story of Sleeping Beauty so I was trying to tell it to her but I couldn't recall parts of the story.

1) How many fairies were invited? Was it 3 or were there more? What were their names?
2) Was it a wicked witch of wicked fairy or what that appeared in the palace and cursed the little princess?
3) How did the wicked-whatever appear? Just *poof*? Or did she barge in the door? Were there any signs that she was coming? Like room darkening etc. Did the king and queen knew that there is a possibility that the wicked-whatever would appear, uninvited?
4) What exactly did the last fairy say to counter the wicked-whatever's curse?
5) For confirmation, in the forest, did the princess meet the prince whom she fell in love with? Did they fall in love before she fell into That Deep Sleep?
6) How did the wicked-whatever lure Aurora to the spinning wheel? Where was she lured to? How did she convince Aurora to touch the spindle?
7) When Aurora fell into a deep sleep, what happened? Did the good fairies set out to find her? How did they find her? Where? In what position?
8) Did they put her in the palace, in her bed? Why?
9) Is the prince who kissed Aurora awake, a local? How come he didn't fall asleep too?
10) Is the prince who kissed Aurora awake the same prince whom Aurora fell in love with? In the first place, did Aurora meet a prince in the forest? I distinctly remember she did.
11) How long did the prince take before he heard the news and came to rescue her?
12) What happened in the end besides "happily ever after"? Did the wicked-whatever die?

And some of my own questions:

1) Why did the king and queen send Aurora to the forest to live when they could have told her about the curse? When she understands, she would be able to resist the wicked-whatever's attempts to get her to touch the spindle on a spinning wheel, right?
2) Did the princess ever try to escape to see what is outside the forest? What about people who came into the forest? Surely they would have seen her? Did they know that the princess is sent to the forest? What did the king and queen tell their people (or did they need to?) about the princess's disappearance?
3) Did the wicked-whatever know about it? Wouldn't she have kept a lookout for the whereabouts of this princess? Wouldn't the excuses of the king and queen regarding the princess' disappearance have reached the ears of the wicked-whatever? She would surely have gone to search for the princess as soon as she heard it, wouldn't she? Did she?
4) Why did the good fairies put Aurora in the palace? I mean, she would be extremely disoriented when she awakens, right? Or maybe it would be easier to take care of all those sleeping in the palace as well as Aurora if they are all in the same place.
5) Why did the fairies make vines grow all over the palace? Wouldn't it be difficult for the prospective "rescuer" to enter and break the spell? Or did I forget some part of the fairy tale?
6) Did Aurora have bad breath after being asleep for so long? Did the prince taste or smell anything of that sort when he kissed her and was he repulsed if he did? Or did the fairies' magic eliminated any such possibility?
7) By the time the prince kissed Aurora, how old were they? More importantly, if it is the same prince whom Aurora met in the forest, how old is their age difference if he didn't sleep and time still goes on for him?
8) Did they really live "happily ever after"? Were there any quarrels over domestic matters, how the country was to be run, political matters, if the 2 countries (if the prince is from another country) are to be joined as one etc.
9) Did Aurora love her biological parents as much as her fairy godmothers? Was it difficult for her to do so after so many years?
10) Did she have problems adjusting to the royal life?

That's about all, I suppose. Do comment! =)

Oh one more question:
11) Why was the wicked-whatever so meddlesome? If she didn't get invited isn't it obvious that people don't like her and there is something wrong with her? She should have go gotten some self-help book.

Oh dear, fairy tales seem to have so many loopholes. I think I just punctured a few more in them. Sorry to those who have fond recollections of fairy tales. Especially this one in particular.

Cheers!

4 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger yz said...

GET A TAGBOARD!
haha.
Olivia's so cute!
If only I had sisters

 
At August 07, 2006 3:32 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha... nah! i prefer comments.. nxt time can read...
yup, she's cute, but as all siblings are, she can be damn irritating, noisy, naughty as well...

 
At August 08, 2006 3:01 AM, Blogger kym said...

your posts are long and hard to catch.. hahaha... makes my eye very tired.. =X

 
At August 08, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha... =P
thanks for e comment, I'll take note of it.
But I'm a female and our mother tongue was not named "mother tongue" for no reason you know! =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home