Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Social Psychology; Family of Psychologists?

I am amazed at what Social Psychology is. A lot of things that social psychologists do I realize that we have been doing already. Taking situations into account for how a person behaves. If you take only a person's personality into account for how he behaves and not the social situation & environment, then you might have been making a very big mistake in predicting the reason why the person acted the way he/she did. In fact if you do that, you are a personality psychologist. Interesting, isn't it?

I almost always take the social situation into account for the person's behaviour. Look, a person can be both nice and horrible, depending on the social situation and how the person in question views the situation (yes, you can go examine why he views the situation the way he does), resulting in his end behaviour.

I like Social psychology a lot indeed. (Except for the fact that I lost my large eraser in the first lecture for this module.)

And I'm elated that JY managed to transfer to Psychology from business in NTU. =) Congrats, girl! Celebrate some day? Now we have 3 persons (all cousins, whether by blood or marriage) in the family reading Psychology.

I have an odd feeling that my brother will take up a course relating to Physics in University.

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 1:54 PM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

lol..yea...shld have a welcome party...bleh.. =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home