Friday, August 04, 2006

Last night at Kallang Theatre

Last night was XMS's musical at Kallang Theatre. When we stepped into the Orchestra pit, LY was saying that it looked darn familiar and we wondered if it was the same place we played in when we were in secondary 1 or 2 for XMS's musical at that time. If it really was, it'd be sweet because it's hard to imagine that about 5 years later I would be back at the same place, playing for the same school. However, I was adamant that we played in Victoria Theatre and not Kallang since I don't recall having ever seen this theatre before. After a while LY asked a question which made me want to fall over (because it was both funny and true), Do all orchestra pits look the same? To which Pearlin replied, Yes! They all look the same!

X-winds spent an entire hour in the changing room waiting for interval time when we would finally make our entrance. Believe it or not, every single person in the room was cam-whoring. Amazingly, the entire band even cam-whored together. Even more amazingly, despite the fact that I took quite a number of photos, none of them are with my own camera so none of the photos are with me. =P Here are two with SP though:

SP and me

Yes, I was looking somewhere else and I dont' know why SP keeps saying that she's ugly.

Here is our band in the changing room, warming up after dry run, before the actual thing:

The room's quite large. Yes yes I know it's weird warming-up in the changing room when we're supposed to be changing inside and no the males and females don't actually change together in that room, darlings.

(Veering away for a little bit... I can still taste that damn alcohol. It tastes so bad it makes me want to puke.)

The thing itself was alright. Like I said, I've practically lost quite a bit on the art of hearing so I can't tell a thing. Besides the orchestra pit is so small it's difficult to hear any balance from where I'm standing. I don't suppose the audience can really tell if we're good or bad as long as we sound really high in our music (which we did). The new (old) principal, Mrs whose-name-slipped-my-mind-at-the-moment gave us all thumb-ups at the end of the musical when we were playing while the audience filed off. I caught her eye and smiled at her slightly while she nodded back at me. Thought it was very nice of her to do that, give us thumb-ups. However, us playing till the end was really weird because I was so not used to playing to an audience who didn't so much as pay attention to us as to the ants on the carpet when we finished the piece, so no clapping. They sure were busy filing out.

Oh I saw my literature teacher! He didn't spot me though. And I saw Ms Mazna! She didn't spot me either, I think. And we saw Kwan Hwee! He was in his army uniform and his face is tons better. Other than that he still looks the same though older. He feels a bit awkward when he sees us though, probably because we haven't seen each other in a while and I think erm... I think I'll skip that. Anyway us 3 girls and him chatted for a mere (very long) 2 minutes and he left, only to see Alvin behind. I last saw Alvin leaning over and scrutinizing something on his collar or something. *sigh* I still know nuts about army and I wish somebody, anybody will teach me.

Pearl almost got her foot crushed. Luckily her reaction was fast enough. I almost flared up at everybody. Luckily I controlled it. It's nice to have friends who care and a junior who is very responsible. Almost every batch there is somebody like that.

So many people want to quit X-winds. Don't, please. We (in a way) set it up, don't let it fall just because of misunderstandings or because of a couple of people. If we all leave because of those, alumni band will surely fall. I believe we can keep it going. We've got enough passion for playing music to overlook the negative things, haven't we?

6 Comments:

At August 04, 2006 6:47 PM, Blogger liuey* said...

wah lao! im serious when i ask that question ok! is it really THAT funny?! the current principal is mrs low! and who's quitting x-winds? btw, its x-winds or x-windz?

 
At August 04, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha... yar, it sounded funny...

hehz, sorry lah, i forgot e name mah...

quite a number of ppl quitting/quit le... I think it's "x-windz"

 
At August 05, 2006 12:45 AM, Blogger liuey* said...

huh! how come?! who's quitted/quitting?

 
At August 05, 2006 3:12 AM, Blogger kym said...

shld be x-winds.. just that the dumb email is x.windz because x.winds is being taken up.. hahha..

 
At August 05, 2006 3:08 PM, Blogger tstar said...

orhz! haha.. oops.. thanks!

 
At August 08, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger tstar said...

hey zhihao! haha, i don't know how to find KH! I think pearl knows though... wah, eh, don't scare me leh, say u miss KH! =p
I don't have your pics because NOBODY SEND TO ME!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home