Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Knowing my country!

My mom's company has a competition where staff can fill out a questionnaire titled Know Your Country, Singapore, and they stand to win $41. I scanned the questions quickly.

1) On 29th January 1819, ___________ landed on the island of Singapore after having surveyed other nearby islands.
.
.
3) During World War II, Singapore was conquered and occupied by the Japanese Empire from ______ to _______.
.
.
.
6) The four official languages of Singapore are ______ .....

Well, everything looks fine, so I look on downwards and read the next question.
.
.
.

I stopped and re-read it again, then I stopped and started laughing. Admist questions on history and the Singapore flag is this:

7) Smoking in public buses, the MRT, taxis, lifts and air-conditioned places deemed against the law, with fines up to S$______.

=D Knowing my country indeed!

By the way, the answer for question 7 should be $1,000. Now we know.

2 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 10:21 PM, Blogger kym said...

girl! i duno how to ans qns 1 only! hahaa... now only 2006.. i duno abt 2819.. =p

 
At August 08, 2006 10:22 PM, Blogger tstar said...

hahaha... shit! So embarrssing! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home