Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Experiment

Statistics lecturer was teaching us some concept and somehow started to tell us about this subject, or Research Participant, in a Psychology experiment.

The experiment was about some boring computer simulation thing. So there was this subject, she went into her cubicle and started the experiment. A subject would normally take about 30 minutes to finish it. About 40 minutes later she still hasn't come out, so I thought that wah, this person very slow ah! Then 1 hour later she still hasn't come out, so I went in to check on her, see what happened.
When I went in, she looked at me with that scared face *gestures to his face* and said, "The computer won't stop!" *hands mimick pressing 2 buttons on keyboard*. Turns out there was a glitch in the programme so it kept on running.

Anyway she's got a PhD.

So maybe the experiment shows a link between that action and whether or not the person will get a PhD...
I think I'll go get a spoilt computer and lock myself in my room and sit in there for 2 hours. Maybe that will double my chance of getting a PhD. =D

What rubbish. (One is to show a correlation, I took it as a causal relationship.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home