Friday, August 11, 2006

During JC

I was steaming my noodles and I forgot all about it. Almost burned the pot.

Very bad complexion and forgetful mind. Darn, I feel lousy.

I remember when I was in AJ my PD tutor, Mrs Alice Teo, would call any of us a loser (especially the guys). She had no inhibition when it came to correcting our views or stands quite violently. She loved the girls in the class, though. Always said that we were cute. It was really just our luck that we got one of the strictest/fiercest/nicest teacher, and really her luck that she got one of the slackest class (probably) in her whole teaching career. Heck, the first couple of days I was in AJ, the school was announcing some class that had full attendance for the whole 2 years or something like that and Mrs. Alice Teo was the PD tutor of that class. I think I was hoping not to get that teacher and thought that it was crazy how a class can have full attendance for 2 years. Well, sometimes you get the opposite of what you wish for.

She tried very hard to instill that sense of discipline in us. Trying to train us so that we are on par with the 01 or 02 classes that she taught in the past and presently. It was... stressful. In another more serious class, it would have broken us, I guess. But in my class, hehz, our playful nature and ability to look at the funny side of all things kind of protected us. We were one class she never managed to rein in. She even said that not all of us would make it to university and it would be her first class in all her years of teaching that not everybody would make it to university. I think she was right though I never checked with everybody. She has an uncanny ability on spotting who would make it or who would not. Most of the time she was right.

My class is a class with mixed subject combination, meaning we initially had people with both 4As and 3As. I was one of those 4As. A lot of us were. Then by the end of the first year, a lot of us had dropped one subject. In fact, Mrs. Teo was the one who encouraged us to do so. I dropped chemistry, though I scored an A in that and a B in physics. I hated chemistry. I remember sitting at the back of the LT, with Jeremy behind me and we would be playing around with his mp3 player or something. Poor Jenny (superbly smart girl) beside me was disturbed and trying very hard not to giggle. I think even the lecturer noticed us. So embarrassing. Yar, was a bit rebellious then. So I gladly dropped chemistry. My physics class went from 5 girls and most (or was it all) guys in my class, to 2 girls (Jenny and I) and the rest guys. Oh I was good in Physics (not eating the humble pie, huh), but I still think guys are better. =) My class anyway. I was scoring Bs constantly throughout my 2 years and I just could not break that barrier to A no matter how I tried. Some of the guys on the other hand, took A so bloody easily. Now, I forgot everything I've learnt and I suck at physics.

Oh the only other people who took the same combination as me in the class were 2 guys, Jeremy and Joseph, so we had most of our breaks together. Studying with them was infuriating. Don't know why I was nagging them to study either. Once I even lost my temper and walked out of the study room.

Really, I kind of miss 21/03 and my JC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home