Friday, July 14, 2006

Delivery of boxes and cute guy, right to the doorstep

Local logistics company don't really work that well. My company uses NB Logistics and I got irritated a couple of times. A few times actually. Today's an example. Shall I go into detail? Or shall I just go straight to the point of why I'm blogging about logistic companies? *ponders* Well, let me just get it off my chest first:

I think one of the sales executive of NB Logistics is cute! Like really cute! Saw him today in polo tee (pink?) and jeans and I was smitten. He looked like a boy instead of a working adult. He has nice skin and I imagined myself leaning over and planting a kiss on his cheek. *sigh* Just cute...

Yes, I shall go into detail. *sigh*

Wednesday morning I called them to arrange for a pick-up of 2 - 3 boxes from SGH and NUH to be delivered to my office. That was about 9.30am. They got the boxes from SGH, but the person-in-charge at NUH was on leave. This is our fault. Really, my colleague should have checked that she is in before asking me to get NB down to that place. Waste of fuel and time. Really apologetic on that area but I heard nothing accusatory from them, so it was laid to rest.
Thursday morning I called NB again to remind and confirm with them that there are about 3 boxes to be picked up from NUH. The cute guy, let's call him J, said ok and would get it arranged for us. While confirming the details, I also asked him to arrange for a pickup of documents from another hospital. The documents weren't a problem, they were delivered within the day. The boxes however, were a different story. At about 4.45pm that Thursday, I called J again to say that the boxes haven't arrived and my office is closing in 45 minutes time. Could he check for me if the boxes are arriving? He called back with bad news, that their people have forgotten about the pick-up. Forgotten! That's really not quite forgivable though I don't think it was totally his fault either. I know how it feels to work in a company where the management is super screwed up. But still...

J was very apologetic. He explains that 2 of the staff just resigned and they are very short-staffed. I can understand that as well, but still... I must have sounded quite aloof although I wasn't really feeling angry. Just slightly frustrated and irritated. Because it means that I'll have to wait till the next day, which is Friday and happens to be my last day, before I can clear everything. Would have liked to enjoy my last day, but no such thing. Was super busy today. Sounded aloof also because I was not paying complete attention to what he was saying since I was watching for my colleague's reaction when I told her what happened and what she wanted to do next. J said that he will get the delivery done early in the morning the next day and if his men can't do it, he will do it himself. Good assurance tactic. If only it could be done without my prompting the next day. I was okay with it (obviously, since I am only a temp and am leaving soon), but my colleague wasn't so happy. Asked me to try calling another delivery company, but in the end we just stuck with NB.

Friday morning, 9am, I called J to remind him about the pick-up and to request that it be done before noon. He replied that he'll try... then changed it halfway through the sentence to he'll tell his men. It got me scared and slightly pissed. Just the day before, he said that it would be done early in the morning. Noon is end of morning! Not end of early morning ok! I knew that that's it. I'd have to keep pestering him/them, even if it does not make me feel good. So at 11am, I called him again and asked if he could help me check if they were going down to pick-up the boxes. I told him that I really need it by noon today. He says okay, then called back later and said that he will be going down now to get the boxes himself and will be there before noon. I was thinking, woah, so embarrassing, sales executive have to do this kind of things, carry boxes himself, but very nice and appropriate behaviour. I guess they were really short-staffed too, that's why he had to go down himself. He assured me that he'll be handling this delivery himself, not to worry.
Unfortunately, when he reached there, he called to say that his colleague reported that the lab and the medicine building are 2 different blocks, which is impossible. I was stumped. Didn't know what to say, so he ended up saying he will go down there (which I later decided meant to get his butt out of his car) himself to check it out. Then he found the building, found the place, but what the heck, the in-charge not in. I want to bang head liao. We were laughing over the phone and apologizing to each other countless times. I was so embarrassed that they went down and could not find the person again. Not to mention that he went down in his own car! Not the company's van, but his own car! That speaks a lot. So I asked him to wait while I search out the office phone number of that place, called them, asked if the person could be found - no - then called her handphone, called her other office. I think I took so long that J called me back and I replied that I can't find her as well. We sounded like school kids on a project who can't find the teacher because we were laughing quite hysterically on the phone. More like friends than that my company engaged the services of his company. I was lucky that he was able to take it in his stride. If it were others, they might have screamed at me for firstly, making them go down the first round when the person-in-charge is on leave and secondly, for making them go down a second time when the person-in-charge is not around. Either that or be really cold and just answer "yes" and "no" or give super short answers.

So after many calls and many apologies (from both me and him), my colleague finally managed to get the In-charge and J and his colleague managed to get the boxes down. That was when he appeared at the front door in (pink?) polo tee and jeans. He looked awfully good in pink. Did I remember wrongly? Anyway the box was super heavy and poor him and his colleague had to carry them all the way into the office. He was carrying the heavier box actually. I could tell, and I know just how heavy that box is. Poor him. We thanked each other countless times, settled the consignment note and kind of saw them to the door, thanking them again. It must have seemed silly to thank them, but I thought that it was very nice of J to deliver the goods using his own car and to take it all in his stride too.

Sadly, the nice fantasy in my mind of making small talk with him and him asking for my phone number (which he already has because I SMSed him NUH's exact address), was not realized because we were too busy thanking each other. =D Sounds so funny.

Anyway he's really cute and well, he has a nice voice. It's hard to remember the terrible things I can do to guys and my resolution to be only friends with them, nothing more, when such a cutie is in front of me.

A bit on the plump side in that polo tee and what I could see of his arms, but still looking fit (does he have abs? I wonder) in office clothes, handsome, cute, nice smile and nicely tanned. I wonder if he smokes. Hmm. That would be a major turn-off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home