Sunday, June 11, 2006

Played by Dana Davidson

Played by Dana Davidson made me feel like I'm sixteen instead of nineteen-going-on-twenty. I picked the book randomly off the shelf at the library a couple of days ago. Ok, so maybe not so randomly. I was having a bad day, was depressed, went to the library, felt like I needed a really simple and corny book to read. This book was on the "new arrival" shelf and the front cover looked corny enough so I borrowed it. For your info, this book is only 234 (nice number) pages long, barely half an inch thick.
For this short a novel, it is very impressive. It's very simple so it gets the point across easily. The issues it deals with are down to earth and very close to home. I feel like it's talking to me. Some things are so true that I almost nodded in agreement. Mostly I just frowned in surprise. Don't think I could put this book in wholly books for bookaholics because... it seems silly to recommend such a simple book. It's the complete opposite to what we said in the introductory message in that blog isn't it? I don't know, should I? Anyway I loved it. It was so touching that I was crying through half the book.
Darn, I've done quite a bit of crying today - watched I Not Stupid Too (2) on VCD and was crying through it as well. Mom says I look ugly when I cry. Bleh.
Oh, I felt like I was 16 when reading the book because the characters inside are also 16 and I really can't believe I could identify with them. Hell, they even seem like they are more mature than me! But then, I guess I'm a childish brat. *sarcastic grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home