Monday, May 15, 2006

Rushing

From BL's blog:

Start to get sick of this kind of life..

Everymorning rush, rush, rush to the office..
End up sitting in the office doing nothing for the whole morning .
Rush, Rush, Rush just to punch the card on time

After work, Rush Rush and rush to that kid's house
Just to sit there listen to that kid talking rubbish
Rush, rush, just hope i could start my lesson on time and i can end it on time


Rush, Rush, Rush just to go home
Just to reach home and go on with my lifeless style

.
.
.

I dunno why am i rushing
Rushing for nothing
infact a lot of people in this world are doing same thing as me
What kind of life we are chasing after?
it is a kind of non stop cycle we are forever behind what we want,
We will be forever rushing something doesnt exist.

Was reminded of this on my way to work this morning. There's also this "poem" I wrote some time back in one of my blogs. Can't find it now.

I walked out from under my block so that all that is above me is the sky and clouds. I tilt my head slightly back and upwards. I see a pane. I hear a dog barking, but I can't see the dog. I approach another block. I look up again. No dog, but there is the barking still. Don't know which dog it is that is barking, but I reckon the dog knows me (my wish). I walk towards the mrt station, saw a sports car, I think, with visible exhaust fumes coming out from the pipe. Why do the seemingly rich don't send their car for servicing?
Not long after I see a couple of mynahs. Their feathers are ruffled. Maybe they just preened themselves, but they look to me as if they just got out of bed. I walk further on. I see a couple of sparrows, one preening itself. I smile to myself, feeling oddly cheerful at the sight. My steps are light. I pass by another pair of mynahs, picking up twigs, presumably for its nest. Am reminded of the nest in my uncle's room at grandmother's house. I forget and I rush to cross the pedestrian crossing with a couple of people in front of me. The traffic lights at the junction don't signal for us to cross. I wonder why those people in front were rushing. I stand and wait. The green man came on, I cross the road, walked briskly to the mrt station. Am not late but am not early either. Just nice, I thought. I reach the station just as the train arrives. Should I wait for the next one? Decided against it, squeezed into one of the packed compartments and immediately regretted. Should have waited for the next train and in the meantime strolled to the furthest end of the station. More space there. Always didn't quite understand why people like to squeeze into the central compartments. Seriously don't understand. Not one tiny bit. Somebody kindly explain?
I reach somerset mrt, got off, got out, got into office, took a look at my clock. Damn. Am still early by 8 minutes. My card don't work until exactly 8.30am. Stand outside door until somebody comes to the door to let me in. I stroll around a bit, relax a bit. Finish my tasks. Am early for lunch, try to find something to do.

I like to leave my house early because I like to get to my destination at my own pace. No point rushing. The morning is nice. Always liked the morning. Except when it rains. Even when it rains, it's nice, to a certain extent. Look at the birds, the sky, the clouds. Why rush so that you are early? We're going to rush with our work in office anyway. I know my work always comes in like 2 hours before I knock off, when everybody wants to get something done, so I enjoy my day while I can. Mornings are the best. So slow down a little, look around you. There are office workers I see everyday who walk slowly to their destination, and there are those who I see rush past me only to stop at the traffic light while I stroll and stand beside them. Let's not talk about those who squeeze past you in the MRT to stand in front of you at the door so that they can alight first. (I have a fascination with watching who does that. Their age, their clothes, their faces and their behaviour.) Maybe because they're late or something. There's always some reason. Still, enjoy life, I say. It's far too short to waste it on rushing everywhere. We miss out too much on the way. That's my say. =)

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger chillycraps said...

very poetic...... bleh.

why u think so much when walking? very dangerous ok! especially when crossing the road.... next time must remember to raise your hand when crossing hor!

 
At May 17, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

totally agree wif u..duno why ppl always rush..rushing their lives away.. and guess what? i was also thinking in a similiar as u when i am walking for work!! Lol.. =P

 
At May 18, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger tstar said...

yes daddy, will raise my hand... haha..

wah, so coincidental... then again, i tink almost everybody do tink abt this once in a while... on second thoughts, not almost everybody...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home