Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sweetness

It's time for me to follow up on the previous entry although I feel extremely guilty, facing the computer when I should be facing my books.

Wednesday, I went to school for my CNM project discussion and meeting with the lecturer regarding the stats for our data. At approximately 11.40pm I reached school, headed for arts canteen to have lunch. Bought my noodles, sat down quite happily to eat. 2 mouthfuls of noodles later there was a crash behind me and it started to rain.

Rain soyabean milk with ice-cubes, that is.

On me.

Specifically on my back only.
Unfortunately I didn't open my umbrella and have a picnic under it. Should have checked the weather forecast.

Anyway, the girl had a cup of soyabean milk on a tray. Why in the world would she have ONE cup of drink of a tray? I'm seriously puzzled. So the whole cup of soyabean milk tilted and it fell onto my back. I went "ohhh...", eyes big, mouth big. Think the whole canteen went silent for a little while and all eyes were on us. She was so apologetic, using her tissue to wipe my chair after I stood up. My back was drenched, for goodness sake. She's supposed to be concerned about my back. Somehow the situation seemed quite funny to me at that time and I could still smile and tell her it's alright. I couldn't understand why she was wiping my chair with her tissues when it should be my back she should be wiping so I told her to not bother about the seat. She asked if I wanted a change of clothes and then proceeded to call her friends who were in hall while I proceeded to call my friends. This very nice girl came over with a packet of tissues and I took one piece because my mind was still not working. I think she left a couple of packets of tissues there because when my mind was finally working I registered about 5 packets of half-used tissue packets on the table.

Luckily my friend has a couple of shirts in her locker and I changed into that. Then I got another friend who borrowed a pair of shorts for me from her friend who stay in hall. In the meantime I stood in the toilet cubicle for about an hour waiting for the pair of shorts. Bleh. But I still got my change of clothes, so it's alright. Undergarments wet, but couldn't do much. Ended up looking quite sporty and as if I just came from hall. FYI, the shirt read "bikequest 2006" and I don't bike.

So the girl wasn't much help afterall. It's been 3 days since it happened so I'm not that pissed now but I was quite fed-up on that day. Yes I know it isn't much use being fed-up but I can't help it. Try getting an entire cup of soyabean milk spilt on you when you've just taken a shower in the morning and had just taken a one-hour bus ride to school not because of lesson but for project meeting. And to have your lunch turn cold. All because some girl put a cup of soyabean milk on a tray.

Did I mention ants were attracted to me in the toilet. Peeping tom-ants.

----------------------
Another type of sweetness:

Thursday, was at forum because LY asked me look for some safety pins. I was going to enter forum for the 2nd time and walked up to the door. Some others entered before me. This man was going to enter too, so he pulled open the door. To my surprise, he stood aside and said "After you," with his hand in that manner, as if inviting people in. Very surprised and very shocked because I've never heard a guy utter that in a long while. Think the last time I heard that was in secondary school from this male classmate of mine. He was smiling and it struck me as being very sincere. Very gentlemanly. =) Oh, is it only me, but it sure made me feel very good inside, to be really treated like a female. To my female friends, can comment and tell me if it is only me or do females in general feel that way?

In any case it made my day.
Thanks.

4 Comments:

At April 09, 2006 8:45 AM, Blogger chillycraps said...

i think that girl was worried that you might sit back down, then your butt will be wet too, so she offered to wipe the seat...

I still find her very irresponsible, judging by your account of the incident.

why didn't you give her that deadly stare of yours?

 
At April 09, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger tstar said...

like u said, it's MY account, so it's bound to be biased. Well, if you think on the positive side, she did try to get clothes for me and she DID find somebody who could get me a shirt (I don't suppose it includes the shorts), but then my friend had the shirt, so I ended up declining her offer.
Do I have a deadly stare?
She didn't do it on purpose, so I guess no use blaming her ba...
And why do you think she's irresponsible? It'd be interesting to hear another person's account of why...

 
At April 09, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

irresponsible cos... I just have this feeling... like you said she didn't bother to wait with you, so convenient of her.

Anyway I wasn't there so I won't know.

 
At April 09, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger tstar said...

=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home