Sunday, April 02, 2006

blackout; cookie-nest

A few weeks ago at Great World City's Mcdonald's...

Don't know if it's obvious, but there was a blackout at The Coffee Bean that day for a short while. =D We were laughing evily at it while sitting in comfort at macs.

Found today on the back of the curtain in the master bedroom.

Gross. Looks like shit. So many holes somemore. Goosebumps. *shudder*

Bro said it's a wasp's nest. Father said it's some insect nest. Whichever it is, it is disgusting. About 9cm in length and stuck to the back of the curtain. Olivia walked into the kitchen this morning and went,
"Like got cookie on the curtain."
I went,
"Cookie? Huh? Cookie?"
"Looks like cookie."
"Is it insect or not?"
"No, like cookie leh."
Then she pulled me into the master bedroom and pointed to the shadow on the curtain, flipped the back of the curtain to face us and pointed at it. I freaked out.
"It's a nest lor!"
Not sure if it's an ant's nest or not, but I exclaimed that it was although it really didn't look like one.
Walked out of the room.
"Huh, I touched it leh." (Amazing what lack of fear can do. See, fear is taught by society and it's conventions.)
"Go and wash your hands."

Cookie, somemore!

Damn, and my mom closes the curtains every night without noticing that the nest was there. Father used a plastic cup to get rid of it so it's now in the kitchen's dustbin. Before he removed it I took the chance to take a picture of it. Don't know how I could have brought myself to go so close to it and to have taken a picture of it too. My poor camera.

2 Comments:

At April 02, 2006 8:32 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

luckily Olivia didn't follow Cookie Monster's example and put it into her mouth... eek...

There is a Chinese pun that goes "wu2 zhi1 zhe3 wu2 wei4", means people who know nothing fear nothing... haha

 
At April 02, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger tstar said...

Yar! I told olivia that luckily she didn't eat it...

"wu2 zhi1 zhe3 wu2 wei4" agreed..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home