Saturday, March 18, 2006

Health report

Went for this eye and and heart screening administered by Alexandra Hospital at NUS below CL on Thursday. My eyes are ok, based on the basic checks and my cholesterol level is ok. Aside from that, everything else got a bit of problem.

For the first time in my 19 years (yes, I'm still 19, my birthday didn't pass too long ago and there's still some time before it comes. DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE ME I'M 20.), I am underweight. Underweight, mind you! By 3.4kg. It says here on the paper in my hands (my lap, actually) that I weigh 41.8kg, but that's about 2 hours after lunch so the food is still in my stomach. Think I actually weigh lesser. I seriously need to eat. Like I said, don't know why my weight dropped so much in such a short period of time.

My blood pressure is low. Weird. I don't remember having low blood pressure. It fluctuates between normal and slightly low I think, but the person told me that it's really quite low. Yes I do get giddy spells etc sometimes, but seem quite normal to me.

Glucose level a bit high. Normal is lesser than 6.1 mmol/L, mine was 6.4 mmol/L. Could be due to the lunch I just had not too long ago (2 hours). My uncle has diabetes, although I don't know which Type, and I know I really am not interested in injecting myself with insulin before every meal.

The last time I had a thorough blood test at NUHWC, everything was quite fine and that was only in November last year. Hopefully everything's alright.

Ok, I'm searching for food everywhere now to feed myself. I'm underweight. Don't be envious of me please. Just as it's not nice to be overweight, it's not nice to be underweight as well.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2006 6:00 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

how about a cheesecake a day... oopz that will increase the glucose level, does it?

so troublesome, eat more than glucose level also rises.

 
At March 18, 2006 9:09 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha.. cheesecake nt a lot of sugar rite... eat more carbo, and protein...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home