Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Old Ford Factory

Visited Singapore's latest, 55th National Monument (yes, Singapore has 55 national monuments. You don't believe, click on this. Oh, they haven't added in the latest 55th one), the Old Ford Factory at Upper Bt Timah Rd today. It is where, I quote the website, "it was here on 15 February 1942 that Lt.-Gen A. E. Percival, Commander of the British Forces in Singapore, surrendered to the Japanese Army."
A lot of information and pictures on display. In fact, it is so newly opened that staff there were still in the process of setting up several display items when I visited it. Quite interesting really. Ever since my SS module Changing Landscapes of Singapore taught us about Singapore's national monuments, I have been wanting to go visit every one of them. *Shrugs* Don't ask me why, I don't know why. I am suddenly patriotic! =D

I tell you, I will visit every 55 of them one day. =)

----------------------------
Was reading YZ's latest entry. Plagarism. I quote (again), "Those irreplacable times we had together; nerve-wrecking periods during competitions and annual concerts, moments of glory shared, crazy camps and fire drills, water-bombing sessions, Saturday foot drills, Ms Tan, anxiety during sight-reading...

One band, one sound. The idea of having so many people working hard together, striving towards a common goal, is heartening. I miss that feeling. VERY MUCH."

=) Me too.

Maybe you all should just go read her blog for my blog entries. How many times have I quoted her already?! =P

----------------------------
It's 9am at macpherson studio tomorrow for rehearsal for show on sunday and then project meeting after that. =)

I like busy days.
I like very busy days.
I like to work my mind and my body.
I like to reach home exhausted, and then fall asleep knowing I'd used my day well.

I like.

But I don't do it.

I want to run, but I can't.
I want to use the gym, but I haven't been doing so.
I miss the adrenaline and the muscle built-up from all that running and training.

My mind is thoroughly corrupted. I need to be very very busy to keep my mind clean. Kaoz, I'd better visit more national monuments then! =D

3 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 1:42 PM, Blogger VaLeN said...

me three!! haha, i miss the feelings too.. esp the times when we stayed back for band after lessons, though it's tired but we enjoy it..

i still rem the night practices when we were preparing for syf 2001, so fun... wah, come to tink of it, it's actually 5 years ago!!

 
At February 23, 2006 4:59 PM, Blogger tstar said...

yes! those nights... go home so tired just sleep. still remember when miss abbey (however it's spelt) don't like that i was scoring badly for my english then yixin tell her that coz i have chant rituals playing in my head so can't concentrate!
haha... we're growing old... =(

 
At February 26, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger VaLeN said...

haha, really.. yixin said tat ar, so funny..

ya, we really spend alot of time and effort in band, those were the days...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home