Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"I don't know what I'm going to do in future."

So my brother should end up in a JC. Pretty amazing, really. Which means he has to mug really hard these 2 years, what with the change in syllabus, now got H1, H2, H3, altogether take 4 subjects. 1 good thing is that there is a mix of science and arts subjects, so he can choose what he really wants to do later on. No point going to poly if he can't figure out what to study, is there? Talked more to him because of this matter. Actually our talking includes me raising my voice to a higher-than-usual volume so that it seems as if we're quarreling with each other. Quite straining on my throat. =P

Was talking to Yizhen on MSN last night when she suddenly voiced the same thing another friend of mine complained about.

"I don't know what I'm going to do in future."

The 2 differences between them is that Yizhen is 17, in polytechnic and my friend is my age, in NTU.
Quite scary, that question. Don't ask me what I'm going to do in the future please because I think like a majority of people my age, I don't know. Sadly I really don't know.
So anyway, let's go on to a lighter topic, shall we? (That's not a choice, it's an order.)

If my brother chose to enter a polytechnic, he might end up like Yizhen, in a course which he isn't very good in and which probably not very interested in in the end. So the good thing might be to go to JC, and then he has time to truly think of this matter. Then at the end of 2 years, he might end up like my friend and I (not to mention a majority of us... actually is it really a majority of us?), still not knowing what to do. Nah, I think he should know by then.

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2006 7:18 AM, Blogger chillycraps said...

If you can't decide, don't decide.

Polytechnics offer specialized education for very focus directions, so if you study nursing then either you become a nurse or you can do other less qualification-demanding jobs, which more often than not offer lower pay. (nursing is just an example, nothing wrong with studying nursing)

What I feel is that securing a qualification would be the most important thing for him. Nowadays engineering grads work in banks and law grads sell ice cream, so, it doesn't matter THAT much which degree programe we are after, it is that darn piece of paper that matters.

They say "If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." But at least it is better than to end up in the wrong port. Worse come to worse, it is still a port anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home