Saturday, February 11, 2006

Finally, Chingay part 2

Before I start ranting on the Chinese Drama Apples and/or Oranges, I'd better finish giving my account on Chingay. Maybe you'd want to read Chingay part 1 again.

Had make-up artists on the actual day itself too. Make-up still very thick but was kind of lighter than the rehearsal, which is kind of funny. Had to keep smiling while dancing and playing, my face muscles cramped up because 1) I'm nervous and 2) I can't concentrate on doing so many things at one time. Still have to concentrate on smiling... =P We were so glad when it was finally all done.

Day 3, show at AMK. The atmosphere was certainly not that hyped up and we were all tired, so very sian. People were not in good mood then. I thought I danced quite badly, really. There was just no mood to perform. A bad thing for an entertainer.
Did makeup and hair ourselves. No, I didn't do it myself, Kim, Mel and Alex helped us. I tried doing Pearlin's eyeshadow, but I think I screwed it up. She ended up with one eyelid which was darker in colour than the other. *Grin* Have to really go learn how to put on makeup, feel bad that have to always get them to help, plus feel very useless.
Took this picture with the camera facing the mirror at an angle. I was holding the camera and was laughing quite badly at the way we took photos. Just after we took this, my camera's batteries went flat.

After show we were frantically searching for a toilet. Despite having studied in AJ for 2 years, I still don't know my way around that area. Quite useless really, can't even help to find a toilet. Ended up at a toilet at a coffeeshop, which is really inconvenient. My mood got quite bad and was quite irritated that the group of us took so long just to finish changing, plus people were staring at us. Pearlin actually raised her voice at an uncle who was staring at us when she thought that I was referring to him as the person who kept staring at us. I actually meant an auntie waiting for the toilet cubicle. Felt guilty and knew that it was really rude of me, but mood was really bad. Tiredness and thoughts of my schoolwork... Kim tried to help me remove most of my makeup to help ease my mood and it's very nice of her. She's stepped into the working world already, and it's nice to see that she's still as helpful.

So yes, that's about it, the whole of Chingay for me. Tomorrow there should be the Chingay thing down here at Hougang, but I'm not involved, which is good. Too tiring.

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

is it normal/common for people to verbally challenge others for staring at them? To be honest it sounds scary... must be how "staring incidents" arise.

I got stared at so frequently and I did nothing in return, kinda stupid/timid of me right...

 
At February 13, 2006 12:22 AM, Blogger tstar said...

hmm... usually I don't encounter a lot of ppl who verbally challenge those who stare at them, but it does happen lorz.. I almost kana before, for quite obviously insulting a group of smokers... They stared back at me so I just stopped staring...
Not really stupid lah, coz u dunno wat they will do... like start an argument which might escalate into a fight.. but if you can talk ur way out (reminded me tat ur climbing friends say that you are very philosophical), u can try it.. hehz..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home