Monday, February 06, 2006

Chingay part 1

Chingay was fun, but tiring.

Firstly, injuries from this event:
1) Slightly hurt feet. As with everybody else who have blisters, scars, bruised feet.
2) Hearing affected again, I think. It's time to head down to UHWC to check my ears.

As I said, Chingay was fun, but tiring. Was shouting down Orchard Road and stood for a full 4 hours or more each day, did 3 shows on Friday (unexpectedly), 3 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.

Friday's show was actually a rehearsal down Orchard Road. Supposed to start at 8pm, ended up waiting till 9+pm. While waiting did quite a bit of jamming with the rest of SPU. Make-up damn thick because it's stage make-up. All the while was wondering how to get it off. There were make-up artists doing our make-up while Kim, Alex and Mel did our hair. One word for the hair - professional.


I think I look very auntie.









This one looks nicer. All happy!
Think we were more hyper on Friday than Saturday. And they said that I was dancing while we were travelling down the road. Was I? Then they say I look cute. Cute. *slaps forehead*

Saturday, actual day. Started on time. Firecrackers went off, some time later the vibrations reached the trees we were standing below and then because it was raining prior to the event, we were treated to a very short shower.
Had to wave to the audience. Quite embarrassing really but by the actual day had gotten used to it. One of the dancers from our group (Have I mentioned that it's a Peranakan item?) was like a cheerleader. As we went down the road he would instigate the audience to shout and scream then Fatimah and me would play our 'luo' to encourage them to scream.

I just post part of it up first because LY complains that I'm not blogging and she wants to read stuff. =P

You know, that cigarette looks goddamn tempting.
I shall swear as much as I want.
Go away and leave me alone. I don't have time, energy, patience or maturity to deal with it. I'm childish and I'm just a kid. Maybe forever a kid. Can't be bothered. Now go away.

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger JeriCa.SurFsLaYer said...

hey..so sorry that i din attend the chingay parade.. =(

my dad was in a bad mood. dun reali wanna go out @ that pt in time.. +S

But ya look nice in ur costume! Lol.. =P

 
At February 07, 2006 4:21 PM, Blogger tstar said...

haha.. it's alright lahz.. thx for the compliment! i dun look auntie mehz?! haha... got ppl say i auntie lor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home