Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thanks; shaking of foot

Some things are really not to be taken for granted. For example, I cannot expect every other one of my guy friends to see me home everytime it's late. My very nice male colleague has seen me home the 2 times we take the bus together and I am really feeling quite guilty (and touched) that he does that. Taking into consideration that he is a year younger than me, he is really mature in some respects. I'm not just talking about seeing me home, I mean at work too.
Actually I just want to thank him because the route is really quiet. So thanks, although he won't be reading this.

Was reading Pearl's blog and then realized that I forgot to mention something.

This guy sitting behind me during EL lecture was shaking/tapping his foot against my chair and although I turned to stare at his apparently hairy leg, it didn't stop. I know I'm a percussionist and I love rhythms, but uh, there isn't exactly any rhythmic pattern that you are tapping out there. Perhaps some ad lib thing but that's beside the point. The point is that when you tap something, vibrations travel through the material of the chair and reaches the person who is sitting on it, which happens to be me in this case. The chair doesn't happen to have a layer of sponge to absorb the vibrations and I don't think the sole of your shoe is soft enough to reduce the vibrations, so please think.
Goodness, where are our common sense?!
I say "our" because we are all students and he is my schoolmate. I quote from the movie Drumline, "When one sounds bad, we all sound bad". Similarly, when one starts to shake physically, all of us on the same row (or in this case in front of the row) starts to shake.

There are some other things I'd like to mention but am just too tired and to do so. Involves work. Perhaps I can put it down another time when I have the time and energy.

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2006 4:22 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home