Tuesday, January 31, 2006

CNY used to be... ; Plans for CNY 3rd day

My brother has to work today/tomorrow. Technically, it's today because it's the 31st already. Working on the 3rd day of CNY, not nice, not nice at all. He's grumbling about it and I don't know if he will really take MC tomorrow. Reminded me of when I had to work through New Year's eve and New Year Day itself. But then I don't celebrate New year so it doesn't really matter. Similarly, 3rd day of CNY this year should be quiet.

Do you know that nobody has been over to our place yet? Usually quite a number of families would pop by on the first and second day and I would usually still be sleeping, then when I awake I would be shocked to find the hall full of people. This year when I awoke, I peeked out of my room and saw only my mother seating on the sofa reading the papers. I don't quite understand why those who usually come don't this year. All family, same grandmother, why can't they visit us like usual? Never mind about the ang baos. I'm not that bothered about them, really. Is it because for them they think that celebrating is really out of the question, that is why they will not go anywhere? I don't even know if they went out or not anyway.

It's the same at my grandmother's place. Awfully quiet except for the first night when we all went over, YY's family, mine, and Huili's, for the usual steamboat dinner. Other than that, I don't think anybody has been there. It used to be so much more crowded and fun when we were still living opposite my grandma's flat and when she was still alive. I remember quite clearly. Not much point dwelling on the past, is there?

Looking at things, intense revision, preparation for tutorials on thursday and lectures on friday are in the plans tomorrow (or today). Can't quite remember if I'd ever studied during CNY.
Amazingly, finally managed to finish Totto-chan on the first day of CNY, after it had nearly become a home for spiders (exaggerating), and am now re-reading The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I might actually manage to finish the 2nd reading.

Think I'll manage to catch the webcast tomorrow.

Or I'll just head out to watch I Not Stupid 2. *grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home