Tuesday, January 10, 2006

1st day of school; work; stress

Working indeed is completely different from studying. I can't say which I prefer because the two are on completely different grounds and there are no grounds to compare on.

Taking the bus and falling asleep on the way (which I did marvellously well, taking into account that it is just the 1st day of school and I should be eager and super awake. Think people were staring at me, wondering how could I sleep on the first day of school) to school was really weird. Couldn't really get anything in in the first lecture (EL1101E) and it was just... plain weird to be sitting in a lecture theatre again. After which I got down to parkway parade to help out at the booth. Sales was horribly low today. Tomorrow will be damn hectic with it being Haji. I'm really, really tired. My poor colleagues/cousin also must take leave soon if not we'll all go crazy soon. I started laughing for no reason the day before and I think I scared the shit out of them. That's according to them. According to me, I laughed because of something and I laughed to release the stress. Smoking seemed so tempting then.
Oh, I'll be spending most of my time in LT11 because 3 out of 5 of my modules have their lectures there and I just realized the previous day's morning that I have 3 modules that have their 2-hour lectures in 3 consecutive 2-hour slots on friday morning. So I have 6 hours worth of lectures on friday morning, starting at freaking 8am, and then band in the evening.

I think I just killed myself this semester. Please congratulate me.

I always seem to screw up my biddings and timetable slots before every semester starts because I would be working full days till 12 minight when I am sleepy, and it's only then that I can think of how to arrange my timetable. *Takes deep breath. Long sentence.* Even took a day off specially before semester 1 started just to plan timetable. How on earth did I do it last semester?! The sem has barely started and I feel like I'm drowning already. Help!

So... should I continue working at Shenton (Way) after finishing at parkway? I really need the money for my books and printing of lecture notes and tutorials and whatever-not-that-needs-printing. Shucks, it's down to Bras Basah again for the texts, I guess. Which will be sometime... next week?! Since I'll be seriously working until end of this week. Oh and I need money for the snacks that I need to eat in the horrible-6-hours-worth-of-lecture-without-break friday morning and afternoon, in consideration of my stomach which is getting stronger (I think) and warning me occasionally, by playing with itself (gosh, that sounds really gross), that it really doesn't like to be left alone with no food to play around with before mashing them up into pulp.

I think I need milk chocolate again.
Like my poor colleague said for the 20th time today or something.
Stress.
I'll enjoy it. =D

3 Comments:

At January 10, 2006 5:12 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

I wish I can fall asleep on bus easily (maybe I didn't work hard enough). In fact most of the time I just close my eyes and force myself to sleep (but to no avail). Sometimes it just feels weird to be staring at the passing sceneries outside the bus. Oh and I need some more time to get used to standing on a crowded 151, my feet feel a bit funny.

Haha last semester 5 out of 5 of my modules were in LT7A, think engin students are a little pampered, open the mouth and the faculty will stick the spoon in. If you think your timetable is horrible, think SDE is worse, with most of their lessons in the evening. Well, I bet you have free days in the week, don't you? I was one of those rare freaks in FoE to have free weekday last semester.

When I read about you working so hard for money, I really feel shameful of myself(and sorry for myself too). People who push themselves on will usually end up triumphant, whereas those who try to find the easier way out will tend to fall even deeper into the bottomless valley. I thought by not working would give me more time for studying, but end up the time was used for relatively meaningless things. Same thing for CCA, some people who are active in CCA would do well in studies as well. (that's what my AJ ODAC teacher-in-charge said to us also)

 
At January 11, 2006 12:27 AM, Blogger tstar said...

your feet feel funny? oh, too long never standing le isit. be careful or ur foot yar...
wah, so many mod in 1 LT? u mean a lot of engine students liddat de ah? sorry, SDE is? so far, not including tut, I have 2 free days and I plan to have 2 free days coz I have like 3 projects this sem. haha, lucky you lor.. this sem leh? got free day?
maybe coz ppl who work or are busy are pressed for time and they tend to be more conscious of the fact that time is precious. that's why they can do so much more in a much shorter period of time. making full use of time ba...
hmm, I think i should continue to work then, just to push myself...
and don't just feel shameful or sorry for yourself, go do something abt it..

 
At January 11, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger chillycraps said...

SDE= School of Design and Environment, ie architecture. Cos their lecturers/tutors are mostly practising architects, so they are only free at night to deliver the lessons.

Ok I shall do something about myself, just realised I've become the very type of person that I hate so much:knowing something is not right and yet not doing anything about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home